The inspiration for this loaf came from the delicious scone of the same flavouring, from Starbucks. I like to make this loaf on Sunday’s and slice it up for breakfast during the week!
The base of this loaf recipe is also the absolute best, and the one I use for every loaf I make! It’s so moist, flavourful, with a tiny hint of coconut from the oil.
I’ll post recipes in the future, of different variations of this loaf, but definitely try out your own and comment! Chocolate orange chunk is my favourite so far…
Lemon Cranberry Yogurt Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Butter a loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees, sprinkle with flour
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder
- Rub together the sugar and lemon zest with your hands
- Combine the yogurt, eggs and sugar
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet, slowly. Fold in the coconut oil
- Quarter the cranberries and fold into the batter
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes
- While the loaf bakes, combine lemon juice and 1 tbsp. of sugar in a sauce pan. Heat until sugar is dissolved and set aside
- When the loaf is baked remove from oven for 10 minutes (I like to take it out while it still seems the slightest bit undercooked. As it cools it will stiffen and remain super moist)
- Place on a plate or cooling rack and pour lemon sugar mixture overtop. To ensure itabsorbs fully, pour 1/2 a cup at a time
- Allow to cool completely before cutting. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate after 3 days of being out!