Comfort food that produces a lot of leftovers is my favourite, and this casserole dish has so many variations, you’ll never get tired of it. Try the two below, one a healthier option with some broccoli, and the other a cheesy, bacon-y mess of hashbrown goodness!
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Potato (pre-boiled, chopped into cubes) or 1 bag of hashbrowns
- Cubed chicken breast or bacon
- Sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- Chicken broth
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Butter your baking dish (glass works best)
- Combine chicken broth, sour cream and salt in a bowl
- Combine potatoes, chicken, broccoli and half the cheese in another bowl
- Layer one half of the mixture in baking dish
- Drizzle 1/2 of the broth mixture over the dish and follow with cheese
- Layer remaining mixture and repeat with broth and cheese topping
- Bake until potatoes are golden brown and chicken is cooked through
Tip: Pre-boiling your potatoes will make them cook faster and crispier.