Sometimes the best meals come from 0 inspiration and 100% improvisation. I found myself in one of these situations this morning, when facing the contents of my refrigerator. Nothing seemed to jump out at me, and the ingredients weren’t pairing well to make an easy meal. I decided to throw together a quick benedict with a combination of things going bad… and it turned out pretty good!
I encourage you to try the same and let me know how it goes for you!
Turkey, Avocado, Cheddar Benedict
- English muffins
- Turkey deli meat (diced)
- Aged white cheddar cheese
- Bring water and a pinch of salt to boil
- Crack eggs into measuring cup and tip into boiling water for 3 minutes (for a soft-med poach)
- Toast english muffins
- Spread avocado on bread and top with cheese and turkey
- Place muffins in oven on broil until cheese melts and turkey bakes a little
- Remove the eggs from the pot and dry them individually
- Place eggs on top of english muffin