We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day at least 1000 times, and while I believe it, I can’t live it. I have lived my happy and healthy (knock on wood) 22 years on this earth, eating breakfast 2 days a week at most. The only type of breakfast food I like is the kind that involves a lot of cheese, butter, carbs and time to make.
With that being said, I’ve been battling to find ways to make quick but edible breakfast foods. So far my efforts have proved fairly futile, but this quick add to your scrambled eggs will make them insanely (and instantly) better. It takes 30 extra seconds and the new flavour is incomparable.
Feta Scrambled Eggs
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Add bacon
if desired(pictured: diced smoked bacon slab)
- Heat small amount of oil in a non-stick pan on med/high
- Crumble desired amount of feta into a bowl
- Add eggs
- Whisk together feta and eggs until evenly combined
- Add mixture to pan and stir constantly to ensure eggs are fluffy and don’t clump
- Serve and eat right away (not that you could resist otherwise!)